Monday, May 25, 2015

                        Journal Entry #7 




Write a sentence expressing a recent problem or event that upset you. Think of something troubling that happen ins school, at work, or in your personal life.  For example, I got a 62 on my math test. 



I forgot to clock in and out of work the other day, so I basically worked a day for free.



Write a list of three or more criticism your Inner Critic (IC)  might level against you as a result of this situation. Have your inner Guide (IG) dispute each one immediately. Review the four methods of disputing describe on page 52. You only need to use one of them for each criticism. For example, 

(IC): You failed that math test because you're terrible in math. 
(IG): It's true I failed the math test, but I'll study harder next time and do better. This was only the first test, and I now know what to expect next time. 


(IC): I do a horrible job cooking certain foods
(IG): This is true, I will try new things to learn more and recipes.

(IC): I gained more 6 more pounds, after working out and toning for 1 year. I happen to go straight to waste.
(IG): I keep up my morning work outs, keep the same routine, and adjust the eating habit.

(IC): I forgot to clock in and out of work one, therefor I worked for free.
(IG): I failed to clock in and out, however I will not be in so much of a hurry next time.



Write a list of three or more criticisms your Inner Defender (ID) might level against someone else or life as a result of this situation. Have your Inner Guide (IG) dispute each one immediately. Again use one of the four methods for disputing. For example:
ID: You failed that math test because you've got the worst math instructor on campus.
IG: I have trouble understanding my math instructor, so I'm going to make an appointment to talk with him in private. John really liked him last semester, so I bet I'll like him too, if I give him a chance. 


(IC): I gained and lost my tone because I work a graveyard schedule.
(IG):Before I started working graveyard I was in shape, but because I work  late my eating habits and sleep schedule is all over the place. I know if I make the time I can work work on loosing every inch weight I gained if I just put my full effort to it.

(IC): The new clock in system didn't reconsigned my finger.
(IG): If i really caught it in time I probably wouldn't have missed a punch in/out 

(IC): Cooking is not a hard thing
(IG): If i just took the time to learn it would be fun and easy, cooking comes natural to most ladies in my family.


Write what you have learned or relearned about changing your inner conversation. Your journal entry might begin, "In reading and writing about my inner conversations, I have discovered that..." Wherever possible, offer personal experiences or examples to explain what you learned.

Changing your inner conversation isn't a easy thing nor is it a hard thing to do either. Its all about training your brain and getting into a routine of it.  I have made myself accustom to the one I am in now, which most people have the same problem with doing so. I've discovered that I keep making up excuses for myself that is why I am not showing any progression in most things i do in life. Its time to change and create a new routine and take step forward in life. I do believe there will be some progression happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment